The increasing number of infections with the Coronavirus combined with rapidly increasing other viral infections since the lifting of the 1.5 m rule and an expected flu epidemic is causing extreme pressure in the general practice. In order to continue to provide care, we are forced to take measures. As in the previous crisis, we count on your understanding:
- Contact us online, do not come to the practice! Regular care continues during this time. Don’t be afraid to report it if you need a doctor. We are here for you.
- If you are invited to come to the practice after online contact with the doctor: come alone, wear a face mask, disinfect your hands on arrival and keep a 1,5-meter distance! If possible, wait outside (in case of bad weather we will let you wait inside).
- Do not come to the appointment if you have a cold, fever, or cough. Call the practice.
- The location on Korte Lepelstraat will be closed for the time being in order to forestall any drop-out of doctors. If necessary, the patients will be seen at Westerdok 720. Patients who are still scheduled for the coming week will still be seen.
- Due to the extreme pressure, take into account stricter triage and longer waiting times than you are used to. Use the website thuisarts.nl as much as possible to find an answer to your question. You can find an answer to many “minor” problems there.
- Choose one contact method (or chat, or email consultation, or video consultation or callback appointment) to avoid double work for the practice. Please note that we cannot always respond immediately due to pressure and please be patient.
- As before, we will send newsletters more frequently so that we can keep you informed of developments. Please read them carefully and check the news on the website regularly.
FLU VACCINATION 2021
This year there is a very high interest in the flu vaccine. We are often called by people who have no indication for the flu shot. The vaccine is not freely available. After the vaccination of the target group, we will offer any surplus vaccines to interested parties.
The vaccination will take place in the week of November 15, every day between 4-7 pm at the Westerdok and Silodam locations. Those who belong to the target group will soon receive an email where and on what day they are expected. Pay attention! Due to safety and planning, there is no possibility to change the day and location!
PNEUCOCOC VACCINATION 2021
The people who will receive the pneumococcal vaccine will get it a week after the flu vaccination. This group will receive a separate mailing about this.
BOOSTER PICK CORONA
At the moment we have no information about the third Corona vaccination. Most likely, the general practitioners are not involved in the vaccination. You can find more information about the possible third corona jab at the GGD or the RIVM.
The Westerdokters team of doctors will do its utmost to support you as best as possible in the coming period. This requires your cooperation. Together we can keep things workable for everyone in the coming months.